Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Replicating a new publish instance with help of existing publish instnace

Former Community Member

Hi All ,

Thanks in advance,

I have CQ 5.4 running on RHEL 5.8

Currently I have 3 publish instances and I want to make  a  4th  instances,  Now , can we take an  AMI ( amazon machine image ) and create a new 4th publish instance. If I can do it should I need to check for any configuration changes apart from the replication agent conf changes. Does duplicating the system.id file (under the crx-quickstart folder) creates any hiccups.

Regards

NavinKumar

6 Replies

Employee

You should delete sling.id.file as well, it will be under crx-quickstart(can't remember where off the top of my head)

Regards,

Opkar

Level 9

Opkar Gill wrote...

You should delete sling.id.file as well, it will be under crx-quickstart(can't remember where off the top of my head)

Regards,

Opkar

There is a description of ensuring an unique sling ID on the User Synchronization page, if that's what you mean.

- JK

Level 7

As mentioned byopkar you  need to only change sling.id file available under crx-quickstart/launchpad/felix. As 2 pulish instance cant have same sling id, for changing it just delete it from publish instance and retart it. It will pick a new unique id.

I think by system id you are referring sling id only.

As far as i can recall other then replication agent no other changes are required, just check if you have any third party plugin. For it you might need to change.

Former Community Member

Thanks Opkar and Ankur ,

we have migrated the CQ from one environment to another using a migration tool . While we were trying to bring the Author instance , the services halted with  below exceptions on the stdout log

*WARN * RepositoryLock: Existing lock file /app/author/crx-quickstart/repository/.lock detected. Repository was not shut down properly. (RepositoryLock.java, line 134)
*ERROR* CRXRepositoryStartupServlet: Unable to create repository. (CRXDiagnostic.java, line 369)

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException
        at com.day.util.jndi.provider.MemoryContextFacade.getBoundObject(MemoryContextFacade.java:73)
        at com.day.util.jndi.provider.MemoryContextFacade.lookup(MemoryContextFacade.java:240)
        at com.day.util.jndi.provider.MemoryContextFacade.lookup(MemoryContextFacade.java:247)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:392)
        at com.day.crx.launchpad.filters.CRXLaunchpadLicenseFilter.checkLicense(CRXLaunchpadLicenseFilter.java:207)
        at com.day.crx.launchpad.filters.CRXLaunchpadLicenseFilter.doFilter(CRXLaunchpadLicenseFilter.java:98)
        at com.day.j2ee.servletengine.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:72)
        at com.day.j2ee.servletengine.RequestDispatcherImpl.service(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:334)
        at com.day.j2ee.servletengine.RequestDispatcherImpl.service(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:378)
        at com.day.j2ee.servletengine.ServletHandlerImpl.execute(ServletHandlerImpl.java:315)
        at com.day.j2ee.servletengine.DefaultThreadPool$DequeueThread.run(DefaultThreadPool.java:134)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Any thought on why these error are recorded

Thanks 

NavinKumar

Level 6

Without stop the CQ5 server we are facing this problem sometimes but not always. To avaoid this problem what we need to do is stop the service and take the snapshot of that box and restart the CQ5 server.  That is working like as expected.

Note:We also using the Amazon boxes.