Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Render Single site from Multiple AEM paths

Level 3

Hello

We are in the process of migrating and revamping a new website while also maintaining the existing site. The plan is to move few pages at a time to a new site structure at once. Lets say we have /content/sitea/a/b/c and /content/siteb/c/d/e but i want to have a single site https://branda.com/, Is it possible to render the a single site using different AEM Content Paths ? Example : https://branda.com/a/b/e . If so how can this be accomplished in AEM cloud. 

THanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @ragucis 

The rendering of the sites with the old content paths can be managed using etc/maps. It's just the way you write your redirects to point it to the site. But, it's always recommended to have all your page under one content path to eradicate multiple configuration issues.

Hope it helps!

Thanks,
Kiran Vedantam.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @ragucis 

The rendering of the sites with the old content paths can be managed using etc/maps. It's just the way you write your redirects to point it to the site. But, it's always recommended to have all your page under one content path to eradicate multiple configuration issues.

Hope it helps!

Thanks,
Kiran Vedantam.

Community Advisor

@ragucis as suggested by @Kiran_Vedantam maintaining all the content of a site/domain under single content hierarchy is ideal and efficient way of using AEM.

But as you said, you are planning for some transformation/revamping and seems like you are rebuilding your content in new hierarchy. In this case, you can leverage your CDN and dispatcher rewrites to route the incoming request to correct paths based incoming patterns.

At CDN:

If my request is <domain>/a/b/c ---> <dispatcherdomain>/content/branda/a/b/c

If my request is <domain>/a/b/e ---> <dispatcherdomain>/content/brandb/a/b/e

And here dispatcher acts as passthru to publisher

Or

CDN acts as pass thru

At Dispatcher

Use your vhost rewrites todo same as above.