Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Renaming Page

Level 2

Hi

I want to rename a page so that the url of the page gets changed.I could do it with 'Move'.The name change reflects in blue print but not in live copies.Do I need to do it separately (Move) for live copies as well?Am I missing anything or Is this the recommended way?

Thanks

Ganthimathi R

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Yes, the change will not reflect in live copies. you need to manually move live copies. if the count of the live copies pages is less then you can very well use Move option. if the count of pages in thousands then it is better to write custom rollout configuration. the custom rollout action should implement this PageMoveAction

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

There is info here on moving pages with Live copies - MSM Best Practices

Correct answer by
Level 8

Yes, the change will not reflect in live copies. you need to manually move live copies. if the count of the live copies pages is less then you can very well use Move option. if the count of pages in thousands then it is better to write custom rollout configuration. the custom rollout action should implement this PageMoveAction

Community Advisor
PageMoveAction

The PageMoveAction applies when a page has been moved in the blueprint.

The action copies rather than moves the (related) LiveCopy page from the location before the move to the location after.

The PageMoveAction does not change the LiveCopy page at the location before the move. Therefore, for consecutive RolloutConfigurations it has the status of a LiveRelationhip without Blueprint.

Configure the CQ MSM Page Move Action service to specify the node types, paragraph items, and page properties to exclude.

This action must be the only synchronization action included in a rollout configuration.

prop_referenceUpdate: (Boolean) Set to true to update references. Default is true.

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Thank you All ! Let me try the custom rollout action.

Level 2
Did it work? I tried to implement the custom rollout configuration with PageMoveAction but it's not working in AEM 6.5.2

Level 2

Thank you for your clarification.If I manually move the live copies, will it be in sync with blueprint?