Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.
SOLVED

Renaming an Experience Fragment (XF) root folder in Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) 6.5 ?

Level 7

Hello

I would like to rename an Experience Fragment (XF) root folder in Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) 6.5 from /content/experience-fragments/old_name/de to say /content/experience-fragments/new_name/de. How can I do that?

Many different components use this path to access the experience fragements and I have to account for all occurences. 

The only options I see when I select the folder in AEM editor are Properties, Publish and Delete. 

anasustic_0-1702559907544.png

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@anasustic 

Say you have an XF with is referred by pages. This XF and pages are published.

Now when you move the XF, the references are updated in author. What behaviour do you see on publish now?

- Is XF available in new location? Do you need to publish?

- Are the updated pages available in publish? Do you need to publish them again?

Aanchal Sikka

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Community Advisor

@anasustic 

Please use the Move functionality to rename the XF

aanchalsikka_0-1702541830675.png

Move should also update the references. Please validate published XF and pages referencing it before and after move for OOTB behaviour. 

It will also help you understand if any additional publishing activity is neeed.

Aanchal Sikka

Level 7

Thank you very much for answering. What do you mean when you say " validate published XF and pages referencing it before and after move for OOTB behaviour"?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@anasustic 

Say you have an XF with is referred by pages. This XF and pages are published.

Now when you move the XF, the references are updated in author. What behaviour do you see on publish now?

- Is XF available in new location? Do you need to publish?

- Are the updated pages available in publish? Do you need to publish them again?

Aanchal Sikka

Level 7

Hi  @aanchal-sikka 

I checked again and I am affraid I do not get the Move option on the Folder level but only on the XF itself. What is need to migrate is the original Folder to a new Folder.

/content/experience-fragments/old_folder_name/de

To

/content/experience-fragments/new_folder_name/de

Level 7

Hi @aanchal-sikka Do you maybe have any suggestion on how to migrate the XF root folder to a new one while preserving the links to all XFs in components?

Level 2

Hello @anasustic 

The accepted answer does not really answer the question, does it? Because I wonder the same thing. How can folders, that contain XF, be renamed/moved? What's your solution?

Administrator

@anasustic Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

Administrator

@anasustic, can you check it now? I hope now you can mark the answer as correct. Thank you for your time and presence in AEM community. 

Kautuk Sahni