Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Remove published video from Dynamic Media [AEM 6.1 SP1]

Level 1

Hello,

I have a problem with removing video from Dynamic Media.

I'm unpublishing it inside AEM and receiving response that everything was deleted, but video is still accessible by URL. Video was still on server even after 1 day. This video was removed even from AEM.

Could you please answer whether it is possible to delete video from Dynamic Media or not?

Thank you in advance.

3 Replies

Level 10

I am checking with internal Adobe people to see if there is a known issue.

Level 10

I was told that you can delete videos by simply deleting the asset. See this doc on how to delete the asset: http://adobe.ly/2c7CUlS

Level 1

Thank you for your response, here is what I've already done:

1. Upload video to AEM author, publish it, add it to Dynamic Media Component, verify that it's downloading from cloud, save the link for one of the downloaded part.

2. Unpublish video (receive a response in error.log from dynamic media replicator that action DELETE was performed on Dynamic Media side)

3. Delete video on AEM author

4. Check the link that was obtained in step 1. Part of the video is still downloadable.

5. Wait for almost one day, check obtained link again. Part of the video is still downloadable.

Maybe there is something wrong with response from Dynamic Video? Could you please suggest how can I check that video was removed from Dynamic Video?

Thank you in advance.