Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Remove parbase

Level 6

I am using sightly framework to design frontend components. I want the class <div class="parbase componentname section"> to be removed in publish instance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you are using sightly parsys component in your page component script (i.e. /libs/wcm/foundation/components/parsys) then the default cq generated div tags are auto suppressed you don't need to do anything extra. It is also mentioned on dev.day.com that sightly won't generate default tags - http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/develop/sightly.html#resource. You can also verify the same by creating a page template configured on sightly based page component available OOTB at /libs/wcm/foundation/components/page and observe the tag it outputs across the content, you won't see any default CQ tags.

Now if you are not using sightly based parsys component and rather using parsys at /libs/foundation/components/parsys in your scripts, then you will need to overlay parsys component under apps and in parsys.jsp you willl need to add following code with necessary publish mode check.

if(mode == publish){ IncludeOptions.getOptions(request, true).forceSameContext(Boolean.TRUE).setDecorationTagName("");; } Also comment following line of code in parsys.jsp //IncludeOptions.getOptions(request, true).getCssClassNames().add("section");

- Runal

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you are using sightly parsys component in your page component script (i.e. /libs/wcm/foundation/components/parsys) then the default cq generated div tags are auto suppressed you don't need to do anything extra. It is also mentioned on dev.day.com that sightly won't generate default tags - http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/develop/sightly.html#resource. You can also verify the same by creating a page template configured on sightly based page component available OOTB at /libs/wcm/foundation/components/page and observe the tag it outputs across the content, you won't see any default CQ tags.

Now if you are not using sightly based parsys component and rather using parsys at /libs/foundation/components/parsys in your scripts, then you will need to overlay parsys component under apps and in parsys.jsp you willl need to add following code with necessary publish mode check.

if(mode == publish){ IncludeOptions.getOptions(request, true).forceSameContext(Boolean.TRUE).setDecorationTagName("");; } Also comment following line of code in parsys.jsp //IncludeOptions.getOptions(request, true).getCssClassNames().add("section");

- Runal

Level 1

I'm using sightly in AEM 6.1 and followed the advice above but I'm still getting the wrapped parbase in preview mode or even when I add wcmmode=disabled to the url.

Do I need to add any additional properties for this to work?

Thanks