Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Reindex in AEM6.0

Level 6

Hi All,

If we view properties of images  through asset tab , it is taking more time .

In logs we can able to see the below issue continuously

02.07.2015 11:10:26.367 *WARN* [1.23.17.158 [1435849806530] GET /libs/dam/gui/content/assets/metadataeditor.html/content/dam/core-assets/e-papers/test-folder-for-epapers/ken2.png HTTP/1.1] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.spi.query.Cursors$TraversingCursor Traversed 17000 nodes with filter Filter(query=select [jcr:path], [jcr:score], * from [cq:Tag] as a where isdescendantnode(a, '/etc/tags/default') /* xpath: /jcr:root/etc/tags/default//element(*, cq:Tag) */, path=/etc/tags/default//*); consider creating an index or changing the query
02.07.2015 11:10:26.589 *WARN* [1.23.17.158 [1435849806530] GET /libs/dam/gui/content/assets/metadataeditor.html/content/dam/core-assets/e-papers/test-folder-for-epapers/ken2.png HTTP/1.1] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.spi.query.Cursors$TraversingCursor Traversed 18000 nodes with filter Filter(query=select [jcr:path], [jcr:score], * from [cq:Tag] as a where isdescendantnode(a, '/etc/tags/default') /* xpath: /jcr:root/etc/tags/default//element(*, cq:Tag) */, path=/etc/tags/default//*); consider creating an index or changing the query
02.07.2015 11:10:26.815 *WARN* [1.23.17.158 [1435849806530] GET /libs/dam/gui/content/assets/metadataeditor.html/content/dam/core-assets/e-papers/test-folder-for-epapers/ken2.png HTTP/1.1] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.spi.query.Cursors$TraversingCursor Traversed 19000 nodes with filter Filter(query=select [jcr:path], [jcr:score], * from [cq:Tag] as a where isdescendantnode(a, '/etc/tags/default') /* xpath: /jcr:root/etc/tags/default//element(*, cq:Tag) */, path=/etc/tags/default//*); consider creating an index or changing the query
02.07.2015 11:10:27.035 *WARN* [1.23.17.158 [1435849806530] GET /libs/dam/gui/content/assets/metadataeditor.html/content/dam/core-assets/e-papers/test-folder-for-epapers/ken2.png HTTP/1.1] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.spi.query.Cursors$TraversingCursor Traversed 20000 nodes with filter Filter(query=select [jcr:path], [jcr:score], * from [cq:Tag] as a where isdescendantnode(a, '/etc/tags/default') /* xpath: /jcr:root/etc/tags/default//element(*, cq:Tag) */, path=/etc/tags/default//*); consider creating an index or changing the query
02.07.2015 11:10:27.257 *WARN* [1.23.17.158 [1435849806530] GET /libs/dam/gui/content/assets/metadataeditor.html/content/dam/core-assets/e-papers/test-folder-for-epapers/ken2.png HTTP/1.1] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.spi.query.Cursors$TraversingCursor Traversed 21000 nodes with filter Filter(query=select [jcr:path], [jcr:score], * from [cq:Tag] as a where isdescendantnode(a, '/etc/tags/default') /* xpath: /jcr:root/etc/tags/default//element(*, cq:Tag) */, path=/etc/tags/default//*); consider creating an index or changing the query
02.07.2015 11:10:27.478 *WARN* [1.23.17.158 [1435849806530] GET /libs/dam/gui/content/assets/metadataeditor.html/content/dam/core-assets/e-papers/test-folder-for-epapers/ken2.png HTTP/1.1] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.spi.query.Cursors$TraversingCursor Traversed 22000 nodes with filter Filter(query=select [jcr:path], [jcr:score], * from [cq:Tag] as a where isdescendantnode(a, '/etc/tags/default') /* xpath: /jcr:root/etc/tags/default//element(*, cq:Tag) */, path=/etc/tags/default//*); consider creating an index or changing the query
02.07.2015 11:10:27.703 *WARN* [1.23.17.158 [1435849806530] GET /libs/dam/gui/content/assets/metadataeditor.html/content/dam/core-assets/e-papers/test-folder-for-epapers/ken2.png HTTP/1.1] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.spi.query.Cursors$TraversingCursor Traversed 23000 nodes with filter Filter(query=select [jcr:path], [jcr:score], * from [cq:Tag] as a where isdescendantnode(a, '/etc/tags/default') /* xpath: /jcr:root/etc/tags/default//element(*, cq:Tag) */, path=/etc/tags/default//*); consider creating an index or changing the query
02.07.2015 11:10:27.921 *WARN* [1.23.17.158 [1435849806530] GET /libs/dam/gui/content/assets/metadataeditor.html/content/dam/core-assets/e-papers/test-folder-for-epapers/ken2.png HTTP/1.1] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.spi.query.Cursors$TraversingCursor Traversed 24000 nodes with filter Filter(query=select [jcr:path], [jcr:score], * from [cq:Tag] as a where isdescendantnode(a, '/etc/tags/default') /* xpath: /jcr:root/etc/tags/default//element(*, cq:Tag) */, path=/etc/tags/default//*); consider creating an index or changing the query

Please let me know how to do this indexing, For this which indexing is fine . Lucene or property index.

Also please let me know how to execute from oak:index node.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

if you unable to rerun the upgrade, performing all the cleanup tasks and applicable kwon issue fixes on a copy of your original 5.x AEM instance. Then I suggest you contact daycare to help with the current issue.

Regards,

Opkar

View solution in original post

31 Replies

Level 6

Hi Shyam,

I can see all HF related to AEM6 Sp2 , I am using AEM6. Do you want me to install "oak-1.0.4" to overcome from above issue?

Please let me know for below issue as well. Frequenly i am getting the below 

02.07.2015 12:24:18.704 *ERROR* [1.23.17.158 [1435854257935] GET /assets.html/content/dam HTTP/1.1] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.lucene.IndexTracker Could not access the Lucene index at /
java.io.IOException: Invalid byte range request

Level 6

Hi Sham,

First of all thanks for your post.Really helped alot.

Deployed damlucene.zip and reindexed the DAM . All is working fine.

Still i can able to see some query when selecting some images which is traversing more than 40K nodes

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
03.07.2015 12:54:32.249 *WARN* [123.136.215.219 [1435942204682] GET /libs/dam/gui/content/assets/metadataeditor.html/content/dam/core-assets/images/test-folder-for-reports/image1.JPG HTTP/1.1] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.spi.query.Cursors$TraversingCursor Traversed 49000 nodes with filter Filter(query=select [jcr:path], [jcr:score], * from [cq:Tag] as a where isdescendantnode(a, '/etc/tags/default') /* xpath: /jcr:root/etc/tags/default//element(*, cq:Tag) */, path=/etc/tags/default//*); consider creating an index or changing the query.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is anything we need to do with cq:tag indexing? I tried to reindex cq:Tags node from oak:index . But no impact , reindex value is immediately changes to False.

Please suggest how to overcome this issue?

Level 6

Hi All,

We are facing some issues with tags loading from assets tab during image tagging.We have more tags under /etc/tags/.Please let me know the query to index them .

Level 6

Please let me know  how to index many tagging names  using  TAGID. ???

Please provide the query to execute from oak:index.

Level 10

Sounds like customization done in metadata editor causing this. Verify the custamization otherwise you are still in sp1 if that is true Install the hotfix cq-6.0.0-hotfix-5521 . Still issue engage through official support channel

Level 6

In AEM 6.0 . is this HF can be installed.?

Level 6

Is the HF is "cq-6.0.0-hotfix-5529" on top of SP1?

Employee

Gokul2011 wrote...

Is the HF is "cq-6.0.0-hotfix-5529" on top of SP1?

5521 (I'm assuming 5529 is a typo) is only included in SP2, so if you can't install SP2, install it on top of SP1

Level 6

Hi Opkar.

Searched with "5521" keyword in package share and also in adobe docs.

I am not able to search for the particular zip. But it is shipped with Sp2.

Please let me know to get that package...

Employee

It looks like you have to go through daycare to get "CQ-6.0.0-HOTFIX-5521" 

Any reason why you can't install SP2?

Level 6

Yes but not sure if any custom code issue occurs during Sp2 installation?

More over i have few querries.

Currently in LIVE environment we have upgrade from Cq5.6.1 to AEM 6.0 SP1 and the images and videos in repository is approximately 2 Tb.

Can you please provide approximate time to migrate from crx2 to OAK using migration tool?

Employee

The time for migration is dependent on your repository, as each repository is different, so it is hard to give an estimate. The best approach would be to use a backup of your live environment and run the upgrade on it, this would give an accurate figure for how long it would take for your system.

Ideally you need to invest time in preparing for the the upgrade process, you also need to investigate what changes need to be made in your application code in order for it to work with AEM 6.x

Level 6

Yes we will take backup of live before performing.

Once done , we will migrate to OAK version and install SP1 and Sp2 

Employee

You should check with daycare to make sure

Level 6

HI All,

Does the hotfix 5521 for metadata editor fast loading package will works on top of CRX2 with AEM6 SP1.?

Level 6

Great. I thought to check logs during migration

I will enable logger for error into "DEBUG" mode and grep all logs and post ASAP.

Employee

The errors you posted: 

error.log:16.07.2015 12:11:55.924 *ERROR* [qtp262977498-67] org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingHttpContext handleSecurity: AuthenticationSupport service missing. Cannot authenticate request.

Are from error.log, so you need to search in that log file. There will be exceptions present as your AEM instance is starting, the above log message is the result of exceptions occurring during startup.

Regards,

Opkar

Employee

You don't have to enable DEBUG, the exception will be in the standard settings for error.log