Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Reference for Experience Fragment not working as expected

Community Advisor

Hello Team,

We are using AEM 6.4.8/6.5.8 and using experience fragments component in our page templates for header and footer implementations similar to WKND sites.

In template, we add experience fragment component with "/content/experience-fragments/us/header" as fragment path and when we create pages in /content/<project>/us/page, we are able to see the US Header.

Now we created language copy of the experience fragment to "/content/experience-fragments/fr/header", and now created page under "/content/<project>/fr/page", due to Localization implementations in experience fragment core component, automatically FR header is picked up on the FR page.

So far all working as expected.

Now US Team, changed something in US header and planned to publish sometime next week.

parallelly FR team changed some page content and when trying to publish FR page, it is showing US Header as outdated as part of References publish.. which is weird.

So my guess, the localization implementations done in core component experience-fragments model (com.adobe.cq.wcm.core.components.internal.models.v1.ExperienceFragmentImpl" also to be done for "com.adobe.cq.xf.impl.ExperienceFragmentsReferenceProvider" so check only for localized references.

@vanegi @Jörg_Hoh @Vish_dhaliwal @arunpatidar 

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,
I did not looked into the code but Just a hint:

Since the template s the same for fr and en pages and experience fragment is referred is using us xf, so the reference (e.g.http://localhost:4502/libs/wcm/core/content/reference.json) for page still point to us header but on run time the localized version is used.

Arun Patidar

Community Advisor
Correct and that is misleading the regional authors who will not have access to US header to publish it.

Community Advisor

I think this will help https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/sites/authoring/fundamental...

Manage Publication

The Published References dialog displays the references for the selected content. By default they are all selected and will be published/unpublished, but you can un-check to deselect them so that they are not included in the action.

Arun Patidar

Community Advisor
Yes Arun. This will be a work around for us. But just thinking if Adobe can accept this defect and fix it in future releases.