Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Redntion with on promise

Level 2

Hi Support,

Hope you are doing well.

We are working on AEM-on premise. We are facing speed issue due to heavy images. We are using rendition but as we can see on front end for different devices, images are not resized so speed could not improve.

Can you please help how we should use rendition with AEM-on premise for speed optimisation.

Thanks and Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Then I think , you need to write custom logic to pick correct renditions based on device/media width and try lazy loading which will increase performance heavily.

Many browsers supports that OOTB

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 8

Hi @bhanuperiwal 

In order to use renditions you can refer the below URL. Look for the various libraries and options mentioned to render the images based on different screen sizes.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/developing/mobileweb/responsive.html?l...

From the image delivery perspective its will recommended to use advanced image formats like webp or avif for speed and quality . Cloud Service comes with support for the same .Also look at multiple options like dynamic media, akamai image manager than can help in avoiding speed issues.

Thanks,

Sherin

Administrator

@bhanuperiwal  Did you find the suggestions from @sherinregi helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

Community Advisor

Hi,

Are you using dynamic media? Or core component's adaptive image servlet?

try to adpat lazy loading.

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Hi Arun,

We are using custom component for showing images and mostly using teaser on home pages.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Then I think , you need to write custom logic to pick correct renditions based on device/media width and try lazy loading which will increase performance heavily.

Many browsers supports that OOTB

Arun Patidar