Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Redirect map manager flow

Community Advisor

Hi Team,

I am trying to understand how the redirect map manager works?

Is it something need to configure either in author or in publisher?

I went through couple of links online but able to figure it out completely. If some one share more details about the redirect map manager , that helps me a lot.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Are you referring to this? Redirect Map Manager

If so then that is part of the ACS Commons open source project and you would need to download and install ACS Commons to your AEM instances before you could use it.  See here Adobe AEM Commons.

Here are some instructions that might help you in setting it up:

1. Install ACS Commons on both AEM Author and Publish instances.

2. Follow the steps in this documentation​ on the Author instance​​ to create the configuration page.  After creating the configuration on the Author instance, then "Activate" / "Publish" that configuration page to the publish instances.

3. Follow the steps in the same documentation under "Setting Up Redirect Map Manager in Apache" to configure your Apache web servers to keep an updated copy of the map.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Are you referring to this? Redirect Map Manager

If so then that is part of the ACS Commons open source project and you would need to download and install ACS Commons to your AEM instances before you could use it.  See here Adobe AEM Commons.

Here are some instructions that might help you in setting it up:

1. Install ACS Commons on both AEM Author and Publish instances.

2. Follow the steps in this documentation​ on the Author instance​​ to create the configuration page.  After creating the configuration on the Author instance, then "Activate" / "Publish" that configuration page to the publish instances.

3. Follow the steps in the same documentation under "Setting Up Redirect Map Manager in Apache" to configure your Apache web servers to keep an updated copy of the map.

Community Advisor

Thanks Andrew , I will try it out.

Level 1

Hi Andrew,

I am new to AEM and trying to use Redirect Map Manager. Below are the steps I am following,

In Redirect Map Manager, In Configuration tab ->

- In Publisher, Open Tools->ACS-Commons->RedirectMap

- specified scheme = https, Domain = xyz.com, path=/content/mysite, Property=?<I need your help to understand what do I need to supply here>

In Edit Entries->

source=/content/mysite

target=/content/us/mysite

Now in preview it displays my entries.

<Is this all I need to do to make it work?> But it is not working...Please guide on the steps. I am directly making these configurations on publisher.

Thanks,

-Kumar