Expand my Community achievements bar.

Reading SAML assertion token attributes and user details

Level 3

Dear All,

I have a requirement where I need to configure SAML in publisher which is done now. Now once the user logs in I need to read the token attributes for the first time and then based on the attributes I need to redirect him to a specific page. And if the session is valid the next time he visits the site, I need to identify the user so that I read his attributes from the user profile. As I understand, I see the SAML reponse first time when he try to login but after that subsequent requests doesnot show SAML reposnse but just login token. So can someone help me in identifying the user based on the login token. Also I need help in intercepting the request to read the SAML response attributes.

Also some info on caching the secured pages. I have configured the way adobe doc says for caching secure pages with permission check servlet but I am observing that the page is not served from the cache but always hit the publisher. Need some help in that as well.Quick suggestion would really help.

2 Replies

Employee

Hi Ravi,

There have been a few questions around this in the past, an example is [0]. It sounds like you need to create your own saml authentication handler.

As for permission sensitive caching, I'd start a separate thread.

Regards,

Opkar

[0] http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/experience-manager-forum/adobe-experience-manage...

Level 3

Hi T hanks for the reply. Not really my own handler, all I need is I want to make sure before accessing my website they need to login. We use NAM as IDP, so they have to login and once logged in based on their token attributes i need to redirect them to some location of the website by default.

Example, if they are business group people, the saml token will have a profile attribute called - business and based on that I need to redirect them to say /content/business/home.html and others to /content/home.html.