Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Re: Best approach to read/handle data from excel into AEM

Level 3

Hi All,

We have a scenario where we have multiple levels of capabilities(L0->L1->L2->L3)

L0{

// we can have multiple L1 ’s

Level1{

Level2{

// we can have multiple L2’s

}

Level3{

// we can have multiple L3’s

}

}

kavalidurga_1-1686747261455.png

Services for these capabilities are provided by multiple vendors( example:the vendors count can be 20)

Right now we are authoring the capabilities data using nested multi fields .

We need to display vendor details for each capabilities based on the user selection.

kavalidurga_0-1686747226975.png

Currently we have vendor data given in excel format. What is the best approach to read this data from excel and display in page based on the user selection.

Thanks,

Durga Kavali

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

My approach would involve transferring the data from Excel to JRC, and organizing the information into easily navigable nodes. This method would eliminate the need for querying the repository. Additionally, I would create a component specifically designed to retrieve data from this new node structure.

Esteban Bustamante

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @kavalidurga 

I guess you might already be storing this data as excel in AEM and already have the ability to map the excel to a vendor on a level.

You can implement a servlet, which would return you json after reading the mapped Excel. This json can be cached on dispatcher. The UI can read through this json and render the results. 

The json can be regularly flushed via TTLs.

Aanchal Sikka

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

My approach would involve transferring the data from Excel to JRC, and organizing the information into easily navigable nodes. This method would eliminate the need for querying the repository. Additionally, I would create a component specifically designed to retrieve data from this new node structure.

Esteban Bustamante