Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

"org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.IndexUpdate /oak:index/lucene " : Every time I start my CQ local instance

Level 9

Hi All,

I am using AEM 6 and get the below entries, whenever I start my local CQ instance.

a] This slows down the system too much. 

b] Also, if I try to open any page, even by directly hitting the page url in author, it takes ages to open.

22.12.2015 12:42:12.690 *INFO* [pool-9-thread-1] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.IndexUpdate /oak:index/lucene => Indexed 10000 nodes in 14.71 s ...
22.12.2015 12:42:12.690 *INFO* [pool-9-thread-1] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.IndexUpdate /oak:index/lucene => Indexed 10000 nodes in 14.71 s ...
22.12.2015 12:42:14.915 *INFO* [pool-9-thread-1] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.IndexUpdate /oak:index/lucene => Indexed 20000 nodes in 2.231 s ...
22.12.2015 12:45:35.219 *INFO* [pool-9-thread-4] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.IndexUpdate /oak:index/lucene => Indexed 10000 nodes in 12.26 s ...
22.12.2015 12:45:47.503 *INFO* [pool-9-thread-4] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.IndexUpdate /oak:index/lucene => Indexed 20000 nodes in 12.28 s ...
22.12.2015 12:45:49.074 *INFO* [pool-9-thread-4] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.IndexUpdate /oak:index/lucene => Indexed 30000 nodes in 1.579 s ...
22.12.2015 12:45:49.217 *INFO* [pool-9-thread-4] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.IndexUpdate /oak:index/lucene => Indexed 40000 nodes in 127.8 ms ...

Can you please let me know on the below :

1] What exactly these entries mean.

2] Also, what is it that needs to be done from my end so that the local instance works in a smooth way.

Any thoughts on this, will be helpful.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

this means, that the /oak:index/lucene Index is rebuilt upon startup. What version of Oak are you using? You should update to the latest version available (if in question, request it via Daycare).

kind regards,
Jörg

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

this means, that the /oak:index/lucene Index is rebuilt upon startup. What version of Oak are you using? You should update to the latest version available (if in question, request it via Daycare).

kind regards,
Jörg

Level 9

Hi Jorg,

Thank you for your reply.

6.0.0.20140509 is the CQ product version. All my team members are using the same version, however they are not facing any issues. The content also is almost the same.

1] I have read somewhere that index has to be rebuilt. Do you think I should go for it, as everytime I start the instance/open a page, it takes ages.

2] Also, it would be helpful if you can let me know the detailed steps to be followed, if index has to be rebuilt for my instance.

3] Also, I guess the instance will not be affected in any way, if I go for index-rebuild. Is my understanding correct?

Level 9

Hi All,

This is getting worse. If I start my local author instance, it is taking close to 40 minutes to get the it up and running.

Any thoughts on the above, will be really helpful.

Employee

As Joerg asked, what version of Oak are you using? Simply open CRXDE Light and it displays the version. 

It may be that the index is trying to be rebuilt but you are shutting it down before the index has been rebuilt, hence the process starts again after a restart.

Regards,

Opkar

Level 9

Hi Opkar,

Thank you for your reply.

In CRXDE-Lite, I see something like 

"Repository Information

1] Probably, this is the OAK version?

2] I am allowing it to run but just to resolve this issue permanently, so I should start my local instance and if the login page opens up asking for credentials , would that be all or should be checking logs for some specific entries suggesting index building completion.

Any thoughts on this will be helpful.

Level 9

Hi All,

In addition to the above, if I just try to open a page[by directly hitting the page and not traversing siteadmin] when the author starts, it throws "Out of Memory error : GC overhead limit exceeded".

Employee

Hi,

check the logs to see when indexing has finished. What are the parameters for the Java heap you are using to start AEM?

Regards,

Opkar

Employee Advisor

Hi,

to your problem: I think, that you hit once a small bug in Oak (which is now fixed, can't find the issue number right now), which causes your system to reindex on startup. You can either let it run for some time to get the reindexing done.

Or: Can you just rebuild your local instance and just as a precaution apply the latest Oak hotfixes?

kind regards,
Jörg

Level 9

Hi Jorg/Opkar,

Thank you for your response.

Indexing is happening now, but slightly better than before. Will keep a watch on this and keep you posted.

Level 4

Hi Guys,
I also encountered the same problem, could you find the solution about this?
If yes, could you share the knowledge?
Thanks.
Best Regards