Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

QueryBuilder - Search in multi path with multi properties

Level 2

Hi,

I'm building a query to search result in multiple path with multiple properties. 

fulltext=test
group.p.or=true
group.1_group.path=/content/myproject
group.1_group.type=cq:Page
group.2_group.path=/content/dam/myprject
group.2_group.type=dam:Asset

daterange.p.or=true
daterange.1_property=jcr:content/jcr:created
daterange.2_property=jcr:content/jcr:lastModified
daterange.upperBound=2014-01-20T11:56:04.546+08:00

I want to search items in 2 path and have same date range on different properties.

With above query, i got below error message:

Internal Server Error

Cannot serve request to /WC2/bin/querybuilder.json in com.day.cq.search.impl.servlets.QueryBuilderJsonServlet

Exception:

java.lang.NullPointerException at com.day.cq.search.eval.XPath.getPropertyPath(XPath.java:57) at com.day.cq.search.eval.RangePropertyPredicateEvaluator.getXPathExpression(RangePropertyPredicateEvaluator.java:97) at com.day.cq.search.eval.DateRangePredicateEvaluator.getXPathExpression(DateRangePredicateEvaluator.java:68) at com.day.cq.search.eval.PredicateGroupEvaluator.getXPathExpression(PredicateGroupEvaluator.java:73) at com.day.cq.search.impl.builder.RootEvaluator.getXPathExpression(RootEvaluator.java:198) at com.day.cq.search.impl.builder.QueryImpl.execute(QueryImpl.java:373) at com.day.cq.search.impl.builder.QueryImpl.getResult(QueryImpl.java:108)

And i also tried below query, and the search result is not correct with 'NO FILTERING SUPPORT' error.

fulltext=test
group.p.or=true
group.2_group.path=/content/dam/myproject

group.1_group.property.and=true
group.1_group.1_property=jcr:content/jcr:createdBy
group.1_group.1_property.value=admin
group.1_group.daterange.property=jcr:content/date
group.1_group.daterange.upperBound=2014-01-20T11:56:04.546+08:00

Could anyone suggest?

Thanks,
Jasmine

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I have not forgotten this thread I have successfully got my CQ Query Builder App up and running:

[img]appgrid.png[/img]

For anyone reading this thread and want to know about Query Builder API using the Java API, see this community article:

http://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/using-query-builder-api1.html

I will extend this example to search multiple paths and see what happens. I will update this thread with the results. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

We have examples of multipath searches in the AEM docs. See this topic:

http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/dam/customizing_and_extendingcq5dam/query_builder.html

Hope this topic helps. 

Level 2

I have another question about multiple path search.

When I run below query, CQ server is keeping in full load, this is because I don't set 'fulltext'.

group.p.or=true
group.2_group.path=/content/dam/myproject

If I put 'fulltext=*', it will take more than 1 min to search the result.

What I want is to get all pages/files from /content/myproject and /content/dam/myproject. But seems it doesn't work without fulltext property.

Any idea about this?

And is it possible to combine 2 query results and sort again? Query of searching in multiple path is very slow.

Level 2

Thank you. But it doesn't help.

I follow the document  but still get the error. Similar issue also asked in the comments below.

Level 10

Looks like there is something not set properly. I will dig into this query and see if i can reduplicate it, What version of CQ are you using? 

Level 2

Thank you very much. My CQ version is 5.6.1

Correct answer by
Level 10

I have not forgotten this thread I have successfully got my CQ Query Builder App up and running:

[img]appgrid.png[/img]

For anyone reading this thread and want to know about Query Builder API using the Java API, see this community article:

http://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/using-query-builder-api1.html

I will extend this example to search multiple paths and see what happens. I will update this thread with the results.