Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Querybuilder search for only single tag

Level 4

I am using Querybuilder to search for pages that are tagged with specific tags. The issue is Querybuilder is creating an xpath query that searches for all child tags of the tag along-with the main tag. I want it to search for only the parent tag and not the child tags. Using PredicateGroup to combine all tags--

map.put("path", searchPath); map.put("type", "cq:Page"); map.put("orderby", "@jcr:content/cq:lastModified"); PredicateGroup tagsPredicateGroup = new PredicateGroup(); PredicateGroup searchGroup = PredicateGroup.create(map); PredicateGroup tagsPredicateGroup = new PredicateGroup(); tagsPredicateGroup.setAllRequired(false); if (tagsArray != null && tagsArray.length > 0) { for (Tag tag : tagsArray) { tagsPredicateGroup.add(createSingleTagPredicate(tag)); } } searchGroup.add(tagsPredicateGroup); Query query = queryBuilder.createQuery(searchGroup, session); query.setHitsPerPage(10); query.setStart(0); private PredicateGroup createSingleTagPredicate(Tag tag) { Map<String, String> tagMap = new HashMap<String, String>(); tagMap.put("tagid.property", "jcr:content/cq:tags"); tagMap.put("tagid", tag.getTagID()); return PredicateGroup.create(tagMap); }

If a component is configured to search for geometrixx-outdoors:apparel and geometrixx-media:events tags; then it also returns those pages which are tagged with geometrixx-outdoors:apparel/coats and geometrixx-media:events/festivals as well. How can I make it search for only the parent tag and not the child tag using querybuilder?

2 Replies

Employee

To me you can do a search that is property/value based, then you are not using tag-search functionality.

Level 10

See this AEM community article - it talks about how to perform custom search predicates: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/customtags1.html

This will most certainly point you in the right direction...