Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Query on Custom Login Module

Level 4

I have created a custom authentication flow to authenticate using an external provider. As per my understanding, here is the flow of execution.

1. CustomAuthenticationHandler (extending DefaultAuthenticationFeedbackHandler & implementing AuthenticationHandler, AuthenticationFeedbackHandler): this extracts the credentials and calls the appropriate login module using JAAS configuration.
  2. CustomLoginModule (extending AbstractLoginModule). This calls the identity provider, assigns additional groups optionally.
  3. CustomIdentityProvider (implementing ExternalIdentityProvider): This is where authentication should happen by calling the auth API of my external provider.

The authentication is working fine, I mean

1 > 2 > 3 is working fine and I am able to call API and authenticate the user.

I am getting user information from API in (3) and I am passing it to (2) thru CustomUser (extending ExtenalUser).

My problem is I am unable to pass the user info from (2) to (1). I need this information in further processing of request, to display on UI.

How can I pass this data from (2) to (1) ?

What I have tried so far?

I have created a AuthInfo object and call setInfoInfo object of LoginModule class. It is not working.

I have referred Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating an Adobe Experience Manager Custom Oak Login Module but couldn't find a solution.

Please help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4
3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Thanks smacdonald2008​.

Here is the SO link that gave me a direction.

ldap - Query on Sling Custom login module - Stack Overflow

Level 10

By the way - the OAK article you mentioned in your question is for 6,0/61. We will look at updating it for AEM 6.4