Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Query on cq:Page Node Type Definition

Level 1

Hi All,

Quick question on OAK's capability to support large number of child nodes. Are cq:Page nodes considered as ordered nodes? As per AEM's Custom Node Type Documentation [0], cq:Page follows this description:

[cq:Page] > nt:hierarchyNode orderable + jcr:content (nt:base) = nt:unstructured copy primary + * (nt:base) = nt:base version

OAK supports large number of child nodes under a parent node provided they are not ordered folders. From the looks of the above snippet, it looks like CQ Pages are ordered nodes and thus, OAK will not support a large number of CQ Pages under another CQ Page (the parent Page).

My client stores a huge number of pages under a singe page node in the form:

/content/<site-name>/en/section/subsection/--Page1 -- Page2 -- Page3 -- ... -- Page2000

I am looking to cite some official documentation that calls out performance implications of having such a page structure in content.

Any pointers on this will be valuable.

[0] https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-2/develop/platform/custom-nodetypes.html

Regards,

Bhaskar

0 Replies