Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Queries related to GraphQL feature

Level 8

Hello Team,

I have few queries related to GraphQL feature.

1: securing the graphql query in AEM 6.5.19, not in cloud.
publisher-xyz.com/graphql/execute.json/configuration-name/persisted-query-name
Here, any 3rd party application can access this URL, without doing the CORS setup in AEM application?

2: Is it possible to update the content fragments and model from graphQL api ?
please check: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aMPrWlji5Y time: 29:26

3: In the content fragment, I have referred DAM image path. So, while gettting the GraphQL/persistent Query response,
along with texts, I am passing the DAM path. Is it good to pass the image path to 3rd party application?

cc @aanchal-sikka 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @Mahesh_Gunaje 

1. If this is a Persistent query which works on GET method, I don't think we have option to enable authentication apart from CORS setup on Dispatcher server.

2. It's not allowed with AEM Graphql to update the CFs. Best practice and Adobe recommendation is to use Rest APIs (Assets Api) to update the CFs.

3. Yeah, it should be fine. We can expose the Asset path which 3rd party or Mobile app can consume and use it on UI.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @Mahesh_Gunaje 

1. If this is a Persistent query which works on GET method, I don't think we have option to enable authentication apart from CORS setup on Dispatcher server.

2. It's not allowed with AEM Graphql to update the CFs. Best practice and Adobe recommendation is to use Rest APIs (Assets Api) to update the CFs.

3. Yeah, it should be fine. We can expose the Asset path which 3rd party or Mobile app can consume and use it on UI.

Hope this helps