Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Queries on hosting multiple application in AEM 6.2

Level 3

Hi All,

Could any one please let me know the below queries 

1.    How many applications/sites can be hosted in AEM 6.2 ? 

2.    What are the common issues we usually face?

3.    What are the preventive measures to be taken care if we plan to host more than 3 application.

4.    Please share if any reference documents or links to go through it.

Thanks,

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi,

how do you define "application"? That's the central question you need to answer, and depending on this answer (which is probably defined by your exact usecase) we might be able to give some better recommendations.

Regarding sites I already saw instances hosting a few dozen sites, in extreme cases going into hundreds smaller ones.

Jörg

Level 3

Jörg Hoh wrote...

Hi,

how do you define "application"? That's the central question you need to answer, and depending on this answer (which is probably defined by your exact usecase) we might be able to give some better recommendations.

Regarding sites I already saw instances hosting a few dozen sites, in extreme cases going into hundreds smaller ones.

Jörg

Hi Jorg,

We are planning to run more than 3 websites (www.aaa.com, www.bbb.com, www.ccc.com) in any single AEM instance. Please provide your suggestions based on that.

Thanks,

Gunalan V

Employee Advisor

Hi,

just running a single application for multiple instances should not be a problem. You need to make sure, that all parts of the application are designed with this requirement in mind, but that's it.

The situation is much different, if you need to run multiple applications on a single AEM production, because this normally translates into "multiple development teams". In such cases the technical problems are normally not the worst, but you should rather focus on getting the communcation right (see my blog post on this [1]).

[1] https://cqdump.wordpress.com/2015/10/16/the-problems-of-multi-tenancy-tenant-separation-and-friendly...