Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Push content only to specific publisher

Level 6

Hi ,

I have a requirement to add new button in damadmin and that button action must push assets to the specific agent. Any suggestions/ideas to satisfy this requirement?

Thanks In Advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi ,

Thanks for all the replies but my use case is different. I will go with more details we have 3 agents in author instance 1 for the preview and 2 for publish. Dam images must activate to all 3 agents.

Right now using: Disable the preview instance whenever authors want to push they are manually enabling that and pushing images to that agent.

2 other agents always enabled irrespective of preview or publish. 

Now we are planning to change that approach: I wanted to enable all the agents always irrespective of preview or publish. 

I am thinking of this approach: Add one more button in DAM for the preview - that button needs to push images to only the preview agent

Here I have 2 questions:

1. Helpful links/ideas to override the activate button in DAM.

2. That activate button must push assets to the only specific agent. 

Thanks In Advance.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

You need to create user content specific and configure agent in similar way.

Here you can see refer for details

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-2/deploy/configuring/replication.html#Configuring Replication for Multiple Publish Instances

http://www.aemcq5tutorials.com/tutorials/restrict-content-specific-publishers-aem/

Thanks

Administrator

Adding one more reference article for configuring rep agent to Push content only to specific publisher: 

Link:- http://aemfaq.blogspot.in/2013/05/how-to-configure-replication-agent-to.html

// 

Scenario it is covering here is:

Assume you have one author instance namely author and two publish instances namely publish1 & publish2.  The contents activated for site "/content/geometrixx/en" should get replicated only to publish1 and similarly contents activated for site "/content/geometrixx/de" should get replicated only to publish2. 

Solution

You need to follow three simple steps mentioned below for each site. 

1. Create an user.
  2. Assign permissions for user created at step1 to read site specific content that will be activated.
  3. Configure replication agent and in the replication agent for "Agent User Id" assign userid created in step1.

I hope this would help you.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi ,

Thanks for all the replies but my use case is different. I will go with more details we have 3 agents in author instance 1 for the preview and 2 for publish. Dam images must activate to all 3 agents.

Right now using: Disable the preview instance whenever authors want to push they are manually enabling that and pushing images to that agent.

2 other agents always enabled irrespective of preview or publish. 

Now we are planning to change that approach: I wanted to enable all the agents always irrespective of preview or publish. 

I am thinking of this approach: Add one more button in DAM for the preview - that button needs to push images to only the preview agent

Here I have 2 questions:

1. Helpful links/ideas to override the activate button in DAM.

2. That activate button must push assets to the only specific agent. 

Thanks In Advance.