Expand my Community achievements bar.

Publisher currentuser.json

Level 1

I have a CUG login form component created, that can compare against local user accounts and return username and groups the user is assigned to in the author instance. When I ran this in my local publish instance, it returned results fine. However, it seems like that /libs/granite/security/currentuser.json is not available at all on cloud manager publisher instances. It is only returning 404. Am I doing something wrong by trying to reach that file to log users in and get user detail, or am I missing something?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @hyunu6 

The /libs/granite/security/currentuser.json endpoint is not available on AEM as a Cloud Service (formerly known as Cloud Manager) publisher instances. This endpoint is specific to the author instance and is not exposed on the publish instance.

To authenticate and retrieve user details on the publish instance in AEM as a Cloud Service, you should use the appropriate authentication mechanisms provided by Adobe. This typically involves using Adobe I/O Runtime and the Adobe IMS authentication service.

Here are the general steps to authenticate and retrieve user details on the publish instance in AEM as a Cloud Service:

1. Set up an integration with Adobe I/O Runtime and configure the necessary authentication credentials.

2. Use the Adobe IMS authentication service to authenticate the user. This can be done using OAuth 2.0 or JWT authentication.

3. Once the user is authenticated, you can retrieve user details using the Adobe IMS API or other relevant APIs provided by Adobe.

Level 1

Thanks for detailed information, @Raja_Reddy. Would being on onprem make any difference? Current instance is on AEM 6.5.

Community Advisor

Hi @hyunu6 
Please check dispatcher rules, /libs/granite/security/currentuser.json might be not allows from filter rules.

Arun Patidar

Administrator

@hyunu6 Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni