Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

Programmatically enable disabled account

Level 4

I'm trying to programmatically create, disable and enable CQ5 user account. I'm able to create and disable the account but I don't know how to enable it again. Here's my code

org.apache.jackrabbit.api.security.user.UserManager um = request.getResourceResolver().adaptTo(org.apache.jackrabbit.api.security.user.UserManager.class); org.apache.jackrabbit.api.security.user.User user = um.createUser(login, password); user.disable("Waiting for moderation!"); Node node = request.getResourceResolver().getResource(user.getPath()).adaptTo(Node.class); node.setProperty("rep:disabled", (String)null);     // This is how I'm trying to enable the account

but this doesn't work - I get exception that tells me that the property rep:disabled is not modifiable. How can I enable the disabled account?

BTW the code here is just for demonstration. In fact I have the disable and enable sections separated.

Thanks for any help.

EDIT the Exception

Exception javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException: Attempt to modify protected property rep:disabled of User 'testUser'
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

To enable a disabled user -- call disable again -- and pass null:

String myId = tmpUser.getID();
        if (myId.equals("scottm") == true)  // this is a disabled user
          {
            %><p>Enab;e - ID is <%= myId %>
                <%
                tmpUser.disable(null) ;     
                %></p><%

}

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

To enable a disabled user -- call disable again -- and pass null:

String myId = tmpUser.getID();
        if (myId.equals("scottm") == true)  // this is a disabled user
          {
            %><p>Enab;e - ID is <%= myId %>
                <%
                tmpUser.disable(null) ;     
                %></p><%

}

Level 10

I am looking into this with code. The API reference says:

disable(String reason) 
          Disable this user thus preventing future login if the reason is a non-null String.

Have you tried calling this method again and pass a null for the reason? This will set a null again. 

I am not sure why the author of this API did not create an enable method. 

Level 3

Is this stil the case, do we have an "enable" method to enable a disabled user?

I cannot see it in the API: https://jackrabbit.apache.org/api/2.8/index.html?org/apache/jackrabbit/api/security/user/User.html

Level 3

Hi ksuren

You still have to call disable(null) to enable a disabled user. It is mentioned in the api documentation with the following sentence:

Regards.