Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Production AEM 6.2 Author Servers spiked with high memory utilization

Level 3

Our Production Author Servers are spiked with high memory utilization since three days.

I'm not seeing any errors in logs. But memory usage are something like below. Please let me know if some one have any suggestions!

Code Cache61%153.57MB155.00MB251.66MB2.56MBNon-heap memory
Metaspace-17202010400%172.03MB193.81MB-1.00B0.00BNon-heap memory
Compressed Class Space1%18.54MB24.47MB1.08GB0.00BNon-heap memory
PS Eden Space10%199.40MB1.83GB1.83GB2.15GBHeap memory
PS Survivor Space0%1.96MB530.06MB530.06MB357.57MBHeap memory
PS Old Gen73%4.23GB5.73GB5.73GB5.73GBHeap memory

GVK!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Why do you think that this is a high memory utilization? You are looking at counters of the Java Virtual Machine, and without understanding this kind of memory model it is nearly impossible to judge if the numbers displayed there are good or not so good.

Do you have garbage collection enabled and can you see that you have full garbage collections? Do you have a consistent saw-tooth pattern? How much time is actually spent in garbage collection?

kind regards,

Jörg

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

Can you post the headlines to that table as well?

Jörg

Level 3

Hello Jorg,

Please find the header information as well.

1317453_pastedImage_0.png

Thanks,

GVK

Level 8

Going through the thread and head dumps will definitely provide you additional important details to track this down.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Why do you think that this is a high memory utilization? You are looking at counters of the Java Virtual Machine, and without understanding this kind of memory model it is nearly impossible to judge if the numbers displayed there are good or not so good.

Do you have garbage collection enabled and can you see that you have full garbage collections? Do you have a consistent saw-tooth pattern? How much time is actually spent in garbage collection?

kind regards,

Jörg