Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Problems extending CompositeField

Former Community Member

I'm trying to extend CompositeField to create a new xtype that has some custom listeners.  I'm able to add my new widget to components and after adding data, I see it saved in CRX as expected.  There are two problems: (1) When I re-open the dialog or refresh the page, the data does not load and (2) The pathfield that I'm using shows everything under Websites, not just "siteadmin" pages, even though I have explicitly set the Predicate property to "siteadmin".  

I think I'm just missing something but can't figure out what - any help is appreciated.  I am using CQ5.6.1.

MyCompany.form.AdvancedPathField = CQ.Ext.extend(CQ.form.CompositeField, { /** * @private * @type CQ.Ext.form.TextField */ hiddenField: null, /** * @private * @type CQ.form.PathField */ pathField: null, /** * @private * @type CQ.Ext.form.Checkbox */ pathCheckBox: null, constructor: function(config) { config = config || { }; var defaults = { "border": true, "bodyBorder": false }; config = CQ.Util.applyDefaults(config, defaults); MyCompany.form.AdvancedPathField.superclass.constructor.call(this, config); }, // overriding CQ.Ext.Component#initComponent initComponent: function() { MyCompany.form.AdvancedPathField.superclass.initComponent.call(this); this.hiddenField = new CQ.Ext.form.Hidden({ name: this.name }); this.add(this.hiddenField); this.pathField = new CQ.form.PathField({ fieldLabel: "New Link HREF", width:"auto", predicate:'siteadmin', listeners: { change: { scope:this, fn: this.updateHidden }, validator: { scope:this, fn: this.isExternalUrl }, dialogclose: { scope: this, fn: this.updateHidden } } }); this.add(this.pathField); this.pathCheckBox = new CQ.Ext.form.Checkbox({ fieldLabel: "Show in new browser window", //defaultValue:"", listeners: { change: { scope:this, fn: this.updateHidden }, check: { scope: this, fn: this.updateHidden } } }); this.add(this.pathCheckBox); }, // overriding CQ.form.CompositeField#processPath processPath: function(path) { console.log("AdvancedPathField#processPath", path); this.pathField.processPath(path); this.pathCheckBox.processPath(path); }, // overriding CQ.form.CompositeField#processRecord processRecord: function(record, path) { console.log("AdvancedPathField#processRecord", path, record); this.pathField.processRecord(record, path); this.pathCheckBox.processRecord(record, path); }, // overriding CQ.form.CompositeField#setValue setValue: function(value) { var parts = value.split(":"); this.pathField.setValue(parts[0]); this.pathCheckBox.setValue(parts[1]); this.hiddenField.setValue(value); }, // overriding CQ.form.CompositeField#getValue getValue: function() { return this.getRawValue(); }, // overriding CQ.form.CompositeField#getRawValue getRawValue: function() { return this.pathField.getValue() + ":" + this.pathCheckBox.getValue(); }, // private updateHidden: function() { this.hiddenField.setValue(this.getValue()); }, isExternalUrl: function(value) { //do stuff return true; } }); // register xtype CQ.Ext.reg('advancedpathfield', MyCompany.form.AdvancedPathField);
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I checked your code and I made a few changes. Basically - i followed the article and plugged in your custom xtype code. It worked. I got it working and I was able to debug through this and get values. See:

[img]xtype.png[/img]

The path field works. To view different JCR paths, set rootPath. I changed to the default value. I recommend that you follow the article listed above, change the code to use your code that you had in AdvancedPathField.js. You can change config values for PathField - like rootpath according to the docs list below. There are some nice examples listed here:

http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/widgets-api/index.html?class=CQ.form.PathField

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

We have a community that works and shows this use case as well as use of CompositeField:

http://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/creating-custom-xtype.html

Former Community Member

I have seen that before and I am doing basically the same thing in the code posted above.  It works in other widgets I have made but not this one, so I think I am missing something but not sure what.

Level 10

If you can - zip up your package (of your component - with the dialog and the custom xtype) and email it to me. I will take a look at the code to see what is happening. Send to scottm@adobe.com and put in community code in the subject line. Also tell me what version of CQ you are using. I have all of them. 

Correct answer by
Level 10

I checked your code and I made a few changes. Basically - i followed the article and plugged in your custom xtype code. It worked. I got it working and I was able to debug through this and get values. See:

[img]xtype.png[/img]

The path field works. To view different JCR paths, set rootPath. I changed to the default value. I recommend that you follow the article listed above, change the code to use your code that you had in AdvancedPathField.js. You can change config values for PathField - like rootpath according to the docs list below. There are some nice examples listed here:

http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/widgets-api/index.html?class=CQ.form.PathField