Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Problem with Workflow And Split step and Timeouts

Level 1

In CQ 5.61 I have to create a workflow where three different participants have to approve something (in parallel) to advance to the next step. If any of them don't take an action after some time the workflow have to continue.

So what I did was: add an 'And Split' step with three branches, each branch has a participant step and those participant steps has configure 'Auto Advance' as timeout handler with an specific time (for example 1h).

The problem is that CQ execute the timeout handler only in the last branch, but not in the first two. So if none of them take an action only the third participant step advance but not the others.

Is this a bug in CQ? and, is there any other way to implement that use case?

Thanks, Claudio.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Can you please file daycare referencing CQ-3052. Will validate.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Is it possible for you to post a screen shot of your workflow map. I would like to see it to better understand how your workflow should advance. 

Correct answer by
Level 10

Can you please file daycare referencing CQ-3052. Will validate.

Level 1

Sure, the important part is first split, which is an 'And Split', each participant step has the timeout configuration that I've attached. But only the last one (Ashley Thompson) is executed. The first two branches aren't so they keep in the inbox's participants.

Just to let you know, the idea is If all participant steps were approved the workflow will execute 'Do Something' step, but if any of the participant steps advance by timeout, the workflow will execute 'Send Timeout Email'

[img]workflow.png[/img]

[img]participant.png[/img]

Level 2

FYI: This bug was related to the ticket CQ5-34708