Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Problem with Webhook not Receiving Events in Adobe Experience Manager

Level 1

Hello,

I have set up a webhook according to this page Webhooks and AEM Events | Adobe Experience Manager. In the developer console I have added the I/O Managment API and have configured the event registration on AEM Sites to the webhook to receive all events related to content fragments on my site. I am able to manually send sample events on the developer Console and they are received by the webhook. However, when I make a change in Experience Manager, such as creating or modifying a content fragment, nothing happens on the side of the webhook. I am trying to figure out potential problems such as maybe the site isn't configured for events and would appreciate any assistance on where to look to help solve this problem.

Thank you

2 Replies

Community Advisor

HI @TommyNg1 ,

If you are testing this in production then, your webhook needs to:

• Be accessible from the internet (not using localhost)
  • Be reachable over HTTPS
  • Correctly respond to a "challenge" request

You can also test it by using challenge request when creating an event registration using a webhook, Adobe I/O Events will first try to verify that the URL is valid. To do this, it sends an HTTP GET request, with a challenge query parameter. The webhook should respond with a body containing the value of the challenge query parameter.

You can follow below link for more details on it:
https://developer.adobe.com/events/docs/guides/

-Tarun

Level 1

I seem to have the webhook setup correctly as I do get a challenge request when registering the webhook, but the problem seems to be with the fact that either when I change a content fragment, it is not sending an event, or the project is not receiving the event.