Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

Prevent creation of wcm/msm/components/ghost nodes.

Level 2

Since we migrated from CQ 5.5 to AEM 6.1, we are facing a problem with deleted subnodes from a site, which was created from a Blueprint. When I delete a link item from a link component on the site, the link node is not deleted in the repository. Instead of deleting the node, the sling:resourceType is changed to 'wcm/msm/components/ghost'. This node crashes the the link component. When I create the same scenario on CQ 5.5, the link node is deleted properly from the repository and the component works fine. Is there a way to prevent the creation of ghost nodes?  AEM version: AEM 6.1 SP1 OAK version: OAK 1.2.11

7 Replies

Employee

Hi,

how did you perform the upgrade from 5.5 to 6.1?

Regards,

Opkar

Level 2

I'm facing the same issue what RetoZigerlig had specified here.

I migrated my website from AEM 5.6 to AEM 6.3

Upgrading to AEM 6.3

Please guide in resolving the same.

Level 10

This looks like an upgrade bug - not a configuration option or setting that will resolve this. I recommend contacting support as you may need a hotfix. AEM should not be creating 'wcm/msm/components/ghost'.

Level 2

Sure, I'll check with the Adobe support. Thanks for the quick turnaround!

Level 4

Hi Scott,

Why not?

This component designed to Revert inheritance for deleted components in a LiveCopy.

This component contains description.

And this components is visible only on author.

So, I would say this is AEM feature.

Thanks,

Alex

Level 3

Ghost node/item is showing on live as an empty item for Carousel.  

AEM 6.5.19.