Expand my Community achievements bar.

Post Your Innovative Feature Request here......

Administrator

Welcome to the Feature Request thread
Use this thread to request new features or suggest modifications to existing features. 

Template to be used:
    -------------------------------------
    Feature Request Template
    -------------------------------------

Title: [FR] <Title>
    Description:
    How important it is for you? :
    AEM Version:
    Extra Information:

Guidelines

1. For FR reporting, make sure you have already posted a question on the forum. Once it is confirmed that it is a bug, please post it here. 
2. Do not post FR/Bugs already logged in daycare.
3. After the discussion, you need to create daycare ticket for these.
4. This is just a discussion platform, the implementation of FR is beyond the scope of this thread.
5. Do not discuss information covered by a nondisclosure agreement.

Thanks and Regards
Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni
3 Replies

Level 5

Title: [FR] Request object in Granite Expression Language
    Description: It would be nice to be able to get information about the request object in granite EL. These could be passed as parameters like ${remoteUser} or ${request.remoteUser}. Similar to how we have access to url information and state and tenant information. This would be useful when creating new consoles, such as a datasource for getting a list of pages created by the end user (for a news system in my case). Currently, I have to set a property on the node to something like "self" and then use request.getRemoteUser() in the corresponding jsp for the sling:resourceType. This would save a step. Granite is already able to handle access to nodes based on privilege, so user-oriented functionality exists in the system as is, so I don't feel this is opening up a good deal of new functionality.

How important it is for you? : Minor to moderate, it would speed up develop in some cases to have access to this data.
    AEM Version: 6.2
    Extra Information: Here's an before and after example of the functionality from a datasource I created to pull news pages, if the end user were passed as a parameter instead of "current" it would save the nested if-statement.

... String author = dsCfg.get("author", ""); Map<String,String> map = new HashMap<String, String>(); map.put("path",nss.getArticlesPath()); map.put("type", "cq:Page"); map.put("p.limit","" + limit); map.put("p.limit","" + offset); map.put("1_property","jcr:content/sling:resourceType"); map.put("1_property.value","news/components/structure/story"); map.put("orderby", sortName); map.put("orderby.sort",sortDir); map.put("orderby.case","ignore"); if(!author.equals("")) { map.put("2_property","jcr:content/author"); if(author.equals("current")) { map.put("2_property.value",request.getRemoteUser()); } else { map.put("2_property.value",author); } } ...

Or, if the node has an author property set to "${request.remoteUser}"

... String author = dsCfg.get("author", ""); // Map<String,String> map = new HashMap<String, String>(); map.put("path",nss.getArticlesPath()); map.put("type", "cq:Page"); map.put("p.limit","" + limit); map.put("p.limit","" + offset); map.put("1_property","jcr:content/sling:resourceType"); map.put("1_property.value","news/components/structure/story"); map.put("orderby", sortName); map.put("orderby.sort",sortDir); map.put("orderby.case","ignore"); if(!author.equals("")) { map.put("2_property","jcr:content/author"); map.put("2_property.value",author); } ...

Level 2

Title: [FR] Touch UI Request for Activation
Description:
The Classic UI used to allow for users without Replicate permission to still see an activate button, this would trigger the default request for activation workflow.  In Touch UI, if a user doesn't have replicate permission, they just don't see a Publish button.

How important it is for you?: Becoming an issue as clients are moving to Touch UI, and this was a pretty typical review workflow.
AEM Version: 6+
Extra Information:

Level 1

Title: Highlight the center spread in my InDesign file

Description: Indicate in some way which spread will be my centerfold.

How important it is for you? : I need to know this on a regular basis.

AEM Version: 6.4

Extra Information: