Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Polling config / scheduler stopped importing

Level 4

Hi, in our AEM application we have a poll config used to import a stockquote into our repo. simple.  It is scheduled to trigger each 300 sec. (5 minutes) However, for some reason, the process got stuck, and it stopped importing.  I looked in the log files, I found no trace of an error that could have caused the stoppage.

I restarted the scheduler bundle, and it fixed my problem. Data is now coming in.

Do you guys have an opinion on what may have caused the scheduler to stop triggering?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

JS Bournival wrote...

Hi, in our AEM application we have a poll config used to import a stockquote into our repo. simple.  It is scheduled to trigger each 300 sec. (5 minutes) However, for some reason, the process got stuck, and it stopped importing.  I looked in the log files, I found no trace of an error that could have caused the stoppage.

I restarted the scheduler bundle, and it fixed my problem. Data is now coming in.

Do you guys have an opinion on what may have caused the scheduler to stop triggering?

Thank you.

Most of the cases I have seen is happening due to job gets blacklisted if custom implementation throws an uncaught exception.  To identify set the log level to DEBUG on org.apache.sling.commons.scheduler  & when issue reoccur you could find the cause for it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

JS Bournival wrote...

Thank you.

Most of the cases I have seen is happening due to job gets blacklisted if custom implementation throws an uncaught exception.  To identify set the log level to DEBUG on org.apache.sling.commons.scheduler  & when issue reoccur you could find the cause for it.

Level 4

will look into this. thanks for the advice.