Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Policies for nested containers - tab component on editable templates

Level 2

I'm trying to define the allowed components on the core tab component and can't find an answer on how to do it cleanly. I know we can specify which container components are available to add here -

tab_comp_3.PNG

But that policy applies to both which components you can add as containers and which components you can add to those containers. I want to restrict it so that only the container can be added at the tab component level -

tab_comp_1.PNG

and when adding components to that container you'd get a different list. That's not what happens today, it inherits the same policy as the tab component -

tab_comp_2.PNG

How can the template author configure the allowed components for the "tab panel" container component? Is there a way to set default policies for a component, either globally or template specific?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @EV909 ,
One of the easiest way to fix your problem is set the Tab Panel policy. To do that ->
1. Allow the Tab Panel component in the main layout container.

Sady_Rifat_0-1680762791523.png

2. Set Tab Panel component policy

3. Remove the Tab Panel policy from the main layout container

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @EV909 ,
One of the easiest way to fix your problem is set the Tab Panel policy. To do that ->
1. Allow the Tab Panel component in the main layout container.

Sady_Rifat_0-1680762791523.png

2. Set Tab Panel component policy

3. Remove the Tab Panel policy from the main layout container

Level 2

This works, thank you! It seems like a lot to ask authors to do though - i wish there was a way to set default policies for components.