Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Pointers to filter search results based on user role/group in AEM 6.0 with Solr ?

Level 2

Hi ,

I have integrated solr with AEM .I looking to  filter search results based on user role/group. Any pointers would help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Just set the acl & automatically it will filtered. because indexing happens at repository level [1], ACLs are handled by the Oak query engine.  When you execute a query Oak query engine is called & automatically applies the permission.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Just set the acl & automatically it will filtered. because indexing happens at repository level [1], ACLs are handled by the Oak query engine.  When you execute a query Oak query engine is called & automatically applies the permission.

Level 2

Hi Sham ,

Thanks for the reply. I have integrated with external Solr server and written a java class to directly search on external Solr server.

One more question i have , As per my understanding internal indexing process for embedded Solr server implements Observer to track JCR events and Observer is not cluster/topology aware  so if i have N nodes in my cluster same event will create N threads to index the data, is my understanding correct ?