Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Pointers to filter search results based on user role/group in AEM 6.0 with Solr ?

Level 2

Hi ,

I have integrated solr with AEM .I looking to  filter search results based on user role/group. Any pointers would help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Just set the acl & automatically it will filtered. because indexing happens at repository level [1], ACLs are handled by the Oak query engine.  When you execute a query Oak query engine is called & automatically applies the permission.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Just set the acl & automatically it will filtered. because indexing happens at repository level [1], ACLs are handled by the Oak query engine.  When you execute a query Oak query engine is called & automatically applies the permission.

Level 2

Hi Sham ,

Thanks for the reply. I have integrated with external Solr server and written a java class to directly search on external Solr server.

One more question i have , As per my understanding internal indexing process for embedded Solr server implements Observer to track JCR events and Observer is not cluster/topology aware  so if i have N nodes in my cluster same event will create N threads to index the data, is my understanding correct ?