Expand my Community achievements bar.

Plug-in for AEM backoffice

Former Community Member

Is it possible to develop a plug-in for the AEM backoffice?

What I need is some way to run a script that brings up a widget which will be available in the Adobe Experience Manager pages (our backoffice).

5 Replies

Level 10

Are you looking at trying to write code that will return a list of AEM components that you can use in an AEM site?

Administrator

Can you please explain a bit what exactly is your use-case?

What is the need to bringing the widget by script?

When you say widget, is it a component that you are referring here?

This widget should come in auth environment or actual site?

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Former Community Member

The widget should come in in auth environment.

What I need to do is to inject a JS snipet somewhere in the auth/admin environment, but I don't know how or where to do it in order for the widget to be available across all AEM pages.

I have manage to do it by embedding the snippet in one of the adobe scripts available on github, but it only comes up on the editing view (because what the Adobe script does is adding a back button on the editing view). See the attached image (the little grey circle with a question mark).

Captura de ecrã 2017-06-07, às 16.26.22.png

Former Community Member

Hi!

Not exactly. I have a Javascript snippet that brings up a widget (it allows you to create and view help guides), and what I want to do is inject it somewhere, in order for it to be available across all the AEM auth/admin pages.

I have managed to achieve something (please view the above answer) but not in all the pages, and certainly not in the correct way.

Former Community Member

Thank you for your answers. I'm still trying to figure out all the AEM ecosystem, the documentations is too vast, and I only have to do this one task, so I turned to here to know if it is even possible.