Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Performance of AEM 6.1

Level 3

We are facing performance issues with AEM 6.1 instance. Issues faced:

1. Slowness in page load. Hence affecting Authoring tasks

2. Memory Consumption.

As per Adobe suggestion we installed SP2 and SP2 CFP13 in the current instance and also performed below activities:

1. Workflow Purge

2. Offline Tar Compaction

We didn’t noticed any improvement in the performance of the server, though only 2 users were accessing it. Loading time was too much.

After 1 day itself, there was drastic slowness in the server. Memory consumption got increased and we were unable to load anything.

Please let us know how to check the performance after installing the SP. And what is the resolution for the same.

Thanks!!!

11 Replies

Community Advisor

Are you sure there is no memory leakage from the code ?

Level 3

Hi Veena_07

Is there a way to check memory leakage from code? As of now i am not sure of this thing.

Level 10

I talked to support about this - please open a ticket so they can investigate.

Level 10

Also - you are using the recommended hardware - correct?

Employee Advisor

slow performance can have many many root causes. Starting from slow or overloaded hardware going to overloaded or slow networks (low bandwidth and/or high latency) up to slow desktop machines (or using IE11).

You should be more specific here. And it's easy to do basic triaging on performance:

* Check developer tools of a browser and find out what is rendering slow.

* compare the load times for individual files with the load times logged on the server.

If you think that the loading times on the server are too high, try to build a test system you can compare these values to (another system, and empty instance on the same machine, ...). Check the system/server monitoring to see if there's any bottleneck. Do threaddumps and try to find out if the JVM has bottlenecks.

Jörg

Level 3

Thanks Jörg Hoh.

We are raising the ticket also. In the meantime we will try to build a test system as well.

Level 3

Any solution how we can improve the performance in Production Environment?We are getting memory alert - Availability:
Aggregate 0.000%.

Level 8

Hi,

Best thing to do in case of slowness is to analyze the heap and thread dumps. This will definitely take you towards the root cause. Based on that, you can take a call to apply the appropriate fix.

Employee Advisor

I don't know what this means. Is it part of the JVM memory informations? Without any context it is not possible to interprete this value.

Jörg