Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Performance if Creating 10,000 pages in CQ

Level 1

I have 10,000 items data in database, and I want to migrate it into AEM 6.0. Can anyone please suggest me which is a best option to do this.

1. Should I create 10,000 Pages in CQ through some Script?

2. Should I store these 10,000 pages data in some catalog and create 1 Page in CQ.

I have to provide a search box as well with auto suggest feature,

If I will go with #1 option will it cause a performance issue for this search feature (If i will search using XPath or SQL in code)?

and is there is any restriction from CQ to create specific number of pages?

Thanks in Advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

then it sounds, that you do only a one-time import of the data and then do a small number of updates per month, and there is likely no automation for these updates.

Then you should create a meaningful content structure, and have a page for each item. That makes it easy for the authors to perform these changes. There's no need to handle this case like one which does hundreds of automated updates per day.

kind regards,
Jörg

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi,

There is no general answer to this question, because it lacks context. From what I read, you have "items" in your database and you need to have these items in AEM. Do you need to update these items inside AEM regulary or is it a one-time import? Do you need to continously maintain these items in AEM or do you need have them without further modification inside AEM? Without some analysis it is quite hard to give any recommendation.

kind regards,
Jörg

Level 1

We may have to modify one or two items once in a month not too much.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

then it sounds, that you do only a one-time import of the data and then do a small number of updates per month, and there is likely no automation for these updates.

Then you should create a meaningful content structure, and have a page for each item. That makes it easy for the authors to perform these changes. There's no need to handle this case like one which does hundreds of automated updates per day.

kind regards,
Jörg

Level 10

If you create 10000 pages in CQ, make sure you dont create all of them under single parent node to handle the performance. 

If you create 1page for all the data, then you will be making the page dynamic which will not be cached. So I would prefer creating 10000 pages under multiple parent nodes for every 500 pages or so...