Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Perficient and Adobe Insights on Manufacturing from Experience Makers Live | AEM Community Blog Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

Perficient and Adobe Insights on Manufacturing from Experience Makers Live by

Abstract

Earlier this month, Perficient was joined by Adobe at Experience Makers Live for an Ask the Experts session focused on manufacturing. For the conversation, we had an expert panel including Robert Sumner, Karie Daudt, and Justin Racine from Perficient accompanied by Jon Burdette and Neerav Bhansali from Adobe. With such vast experience, the panel discussed a variety of topics from strategic opinions on DTC, distributor partner relationships, personalizing experiences, transacting online, and so much more.

Although the session isn’t available on-demand, we wanted to take you through some of the questions and answers provided by our panel.

Q: I am considering a DTC play, what are the pros and cons of this strategic move?
A: First, you need to consider whether you can handle it internally. There are a lot of considerations that need to happen in your organization as you look at it and how you are going to market. With that, transparency is key. When you start going direct, the expectation is that you are going to be able to see if something is available, what the quantity is, and when you are going to get it. So, the biggest thing to emphasize is that it isn’t just spinning up a site, but your business processes must be addressed for it to be successful. – Karie Daudt

Q: How do I get my distributor partners to better represent our brand and product content?
A: We’ve seen this done with having manufacturers and distributors utilize a PIM system. It is important to make sure the content you have is relevant to the channel that you are in. You might need to change the content to fit the persona of your customer and, more importantly, their customer. You must make sure the content you’re creating is relevant to your customer and their customer. – Justin Racine

A: You may be in a position forced to create your own content to better drive sales down the specific channels you are marketing. On the flip side, you could be a new partner and at the point you need content; you’re wanting to sell that product because it is profitable, and it is then the responsibility of the OEM to make sure the content is relevant and easily accessible. – Robert Sumner

Read Full Blog

Perficient and Adobe Insights on Manufacturing from Experience Makers Live

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
0 Replies