Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Password protected new site in publish instance temporary

Former Community Member

Hi,

We have setup the AEM servers for our users, and the users want to setup the password protection for the new site in publish instance until the site goes to live. May I know what is the recommendation approach for this? I have read the Closed User Group in this article https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/administer/security/cug.html, it seems can meet the requirement. But I want to know whether there is any other choice for this.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi 

Please have a look at this documentation link:-

Link:- https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/administer/security/cug.html#Applying Your Closed User Group To Content Pages

// APPLYING YOUR CLOSED USER GROUP TO CONTENT PAGES

This way you can assign a group that can have access to the website with login.  

Q. Can we restrict for certain users not to display some digital assets/Pages ?

Ans. You can always limit who can access certain Pages/folders in AEM Digital Assets by making the folder part of a CUG(closed user group).

Steps to make a folder part of a CUG:

In AEM, right-click the folder/Page you want to add closed user group properties for and select Properties.

Click the CUG tab.

Select the Enabled check box to make the folder and its assets available only to a closed user group.

Browse to the login page, if there is one, to add that information. Add admitted groups by clicking Add item. If necessary, add the realm. Click OK to save your changes.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 4

that documentation topic is the correct location to learn how to address your requirement. 

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi 

Please have a look at this documentation link:-

Link:- https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/administer/security/cug.html#Applying Your Closed User Group To Content Pages

// APPLYING YOUR CLOSED USER GROUP TO CONTENT PAGES

This way you can assign a group that can have access to the website with login.  

Q. Can we restrict for certain users not to display some digital assets/Pages ?

Ans. You can always limit who can access certain Pages/folders in AEM Digital Assets by making the folder part of a CUG(closed user group).

Steps to make a folder part of a CUG:

In AEM, right-click the folder/Page you want to add closed user group properties for and select Properties.

Click the CUG tab.

Select the Enabled check box to make the folder and its assets available only to a closed user group.

Browse to the login page, if there is one, to add that information. Add admitted groups by clicking Add item. If necessary, add the realm. Click OK to save your changes.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni