Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Password policy with error message

Level 2

I would like to add a password policy with a descriptive error message in AEM 6.2.

So far, I've tried using the AuthorizableActionProvider which works to control password creation/change but the error message when a new password fails validation is hardcoded and not friendly or helpful ("ERROR: Something went wrong while changing the user's password").

I then tried using a Client Library using JavaScript as described here​​ but it does not work, possibly because this was written for 6.1 and the forms nodes changed.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

1 Reply

Level 2

smacdonald2008​: The reference you gave refers to the links I mentioned already.  It does not work in 6.2, or the description is incomplete for the Touch UI JavaScript client lib.

Level 2

smacdonald2008​: I've probably made my question confusing.  I have regex validation working.  What's not working is a descriptive error message when an invalid password is entered.  It just says: "ERROR: Something went wrong while changing the user's password" and it would be better to say "ERROR: Your password needs uppercase and lowercase letters, digits and symbols." or something like that.  It's this message that I'm not able to change.

Level 2

Kunwar​: I tried exactly what's in that link (the 4 steps) but nothing happened - that's the second link in my question.  Maybe it doesn't work with 6.2 because of some changes since 6.1?

Level 2

Kunwar​: I also tried installing the package that's embedded in the link (touchui-enforce-password-policy.zip)

I'm using 6.2 SP1-CFP15