Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

passing value from HTL to JS

Level 5

for example in HTL i can access the element using  ${ } but how can access the same in js file 

i.e  html file-     ${geo.location}       -> this I can easily get location variable  in html file 

the question is how can I achieve the ${geo.location} inside script tag in the same html itself

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can set an HTML data-attribute that can be accessed by Javascript.

Take a look at the code example below where we are utilizing the HTML data-attribute that will be accessed in the script block.

Sightly.html

<section data-sly-use.taxcal="com.sourcedcode.core.components.models.TaxCalculator"
  id="tax-calculator"
  data-year="${taxcal.year @ context='scriptString'}"></section>

<script>
const article = document.querySelector('#tax-calculator');
console.log(article.dataset.year);
</script>

sourced: https://sourcedcode.com/blog/aem/with-htl-pass-data-from-aem-backend-to-javascript

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can set an HTML data-attribute that can be accessed by Javascript.

Take a look at the code example below where we are utilizing the HTML data-attribute that will be accessed in the script block.

Sightly.html

<section data-sly-use.taxcal="com.sourcedcode.core.components.models.TaxCalculator"
  id="tax-calculator"
  data-year="${taxcal.year @ context='scriptString'}"></section>

<script>
const article = document.querySelector('#tax-calculator');
console.log(article.dataset.year);
</script>

sourced: https://sourcedcode.com/blog/aem/with-htl-pass-data-from-aem-backend-to-javascript

Community Advisor

Hi @rahul234dabas 

There are couple of ways to do it. The easiest way is to set HTML data-attribute as suggestd by @BrianKasingli.

Another way is to use JavaScript Use api. Here is an article on JavaScript Use Api.

Thanks