Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Parsys lissues on the template

Level 4

Hi Guys,

I am tring to add parsys (10) onto the template in AEM 6, but for some reason i cannot drop components from par6 to par10.

So this is how i am referencing them on the template

<div data-sly-resource="${'ipar0' @ resourceType='wcm/foundation/components/parsys'}"></div>

<div data-sly-resource="${'ipar1' @ resourceType='wcm/foundation/components/parsys'}"></div>

<div data-sly-resource="${'ipar9' @ resourceType='wcm/foundation/components/parsys'}"></div>

is there a limit set for parsys in AEM 6.1

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

There is no limitation to put number of parsys in the template, You might not be getting add component options for some parsys because you didn't allowed any components for that parsys from design.

I checked same with 10 parsys in template in AEM 6.3 , working fine.

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

I don't think so there is a limit to add number parsys in the component.

Which AEM version are you using ? I checked same in AEM 6.3. It works perfectly for 10 components. I can drop components in all the parsys.

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar

Level 4

Hi Arun,

Yes I  can drop 10 components on a page, But what I want is to show 10 parsys (s) on a template and be able to edit/drop components onto them. I cannot get this working , on the 7th parsys i cannot drop any component, works only till the 6th parsys.

I am using AEM 6.1,

Thanks

Level 4

So this is How am adding them :

<div data-sly-resource="${'ipar0' @ resourceType='wcm/foundation/components/parsys'}"></div>

<div data-sly-resource="${'ipar1' @ resourceType='wcm/foundation/components/parsys'}"></div>

<div data-sly-resource="${'par9' @ resourceType='wcm/foundation/components/parsys'}"></div>

Level 10

Are you seeing any log messages?

Level 10

Hi,

Why do you need 10 paysys components on the page.

You can use simple one parsys component on the page and you can include N number of components on the page.

If you want to restrict the component for certain parsys, then you can use multiple i.e., 10 parsys components or whatever.

Hope this helps!!

Thanks,

Ratna Kumar.

Level 4

Hi Ratna,

I could have done that but if you have two components by default on a template, when you author the page you cannot drop another component in between them. so i was avoiding that here.

something like this:

<div data-sly-resource="${'banner' @ resourceType='app/components/content/banner'}"></div>

<div data-sly-resource="${'mycomponent' @ resourceType='app/components/content/mycomponent'}"></div>

<div data-sly-resource="${'par9' @ resourceType='wcm/foundation/components/parsys'}"></div>

Thanks

Level 10

This type of use case can be easily addressed when you use editable templates. You can lock components in place when using an editable template. However - since you are using AEM 6 - not 6.4 - you are correct - you can hard code them in the template.

When you do this...

<div data-sly-resource="${'banner' @ resourceType='app/components/content/banner'}"></div>

<div data-sly-resource="${'mycomponent' @ resourceType='app/components/content/mycomponent'}"></div>

Can you drop a component in the last parsys?

Level 4

I cannot drop the component on last one

Level 10

I am gonig to test to see if i can reproduce you issue.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

There is no limitation to put number of parsys in the template, You might not be getting add component options for some parsys because you didn't allowed any components for that parsys from design.

I checked same with 10 parsys in template in AEM 6.3 , working fine.

Arun Patidar

Level 4

Hi Scott

Actually I had  to allow components for that specific parsys that was not working from design.

Thanks.