Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Page Versions

Level 5

Hi Experts,

I have this situation where i need to move the pages from one instance to another along with the versions of the page. I believe using package manger and adding the path to page in it will move only the page but not its versions.

Please let me know how to move pages from one instance to another along with its versions?

Thanks,

Jai

10 Replies

Level 7

Hi Jai,

You can use OAK migration tool, it transfers the versions along with the pages.

Just to let you know versions are stored by path /jcr:system/jcr:versionStorage in AEM but you can not directly install them in 6.x i guess, you can give it a shot if you are using 5.6.

Thanks

Tuhin

Level 5

Hi Tuhin,

Thanks for the response. The OAK migration tool could be a viable solution for migration but my case is a different. Say i wanna move the pages from aem6.0 author instance to another aem 6.0 author instance along with the page version what could be the best approach?

Employee

Hi,

As has been mentioned you would need to use the crx2oak migration tool, which can be used to migrate content between oak repositories.

edit: If you check the link it specifically mentions versions can be migrated.

Regards,

Opkar

[0]https://docs.adobe.com/content/docs/en/aem/6-1/deploy/upgrade/using-crx2oak.html

Level 10

As @opkar mentioned, the migration tool should work for your usecase.

The other option, I can think of is, copy the repository folder from the existing version to a new location. Start the new version of AEM pointing to that repository folder.

Level 7
        I am sure its not possible by installing versionstorage node in 6.1. But since you are in 6 give it a shot.

Level 5

Hi,

I tried the following approaches.

1. As specified in the above answers the  /jcr:system/jcr:versionStorage package. Some errors were thrown while installing the package and it seems we cannot install that.
  2. Page versions got saved under  /var/audit/com.day.cq.wcm.core.page/content as well. I tried to pack that along with the page but when installed only pages were available and not its version.

Is it like we can never  move versions from one instance to other?

Level 10

In all docs i have read - only pages are moved - not versions. I do not think this is supported. 

Administrator

As mentioned by Tuhin, the crx2oak migration tool could be used, 

Link:-  https://docs.adobe.com/content/docs/en/aem/6-1/deploy/upgrade/using-crx2oak.html

// For version i am not sure if we can achieve it.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

Level 4

Hello Jai,

I have a similar scenario i.e. move the versions from one instance to other instance. Did you find the way to do that?

Your input is much appreciated.

Note:

I cannot use the migration tool to move the version because in the older instance one of the segment stores (tar) got corrupted so I do not want the corrupt segment store to the new instance.

Thank you

Nanda

Employee Advisor

Hello,

crx2oak tool for migration is the best way. For fixing the corruption problems, you can review this doc [1]

[1] Offline Compaction fails with SegmentNotFoundException & IllegalArgumentException

Regards,

Vishu