Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Page loading issue in AEM 6.1 author environments

Level 2

We are facing page loading issue in author environment only.

One the componennt in our application is kind of column control where author can select layout like 3-3-3 which will create 3 sub parsys to add more child compnents to it.  If we are using more than 15 instances of column control, the page in chrome goes unresponsive. In firefox it stops loading showing alert in one of the OOTB js (/libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/clientlibs/editor/js/storage/page.js).

When I checked the js, it is slowing down / stopping down around line 120 [recursiveDiscover() which is a recursive function.] OR line 136 [var cell = discover(design, cellSearchPaths[i]);]

Debugging via developer tools shows some combinations being made with parsys to find searchable components paths.  In cases, the length of cellSearchPaths goes to as high as 210000. Can this disturb the script execution ? I GUESS it tries to find which all components can be dragged to this parsys but not very confident.

Can I get any pointers in the direction how to overcome this ? Or is this not the correct culprit area ?

Environment: AEM 6.1 without service pack.

2 Replies

Employee

Here is an article that you can refer to when you create custom components, such as column control: https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/custom_columns.html.

Level 3

Hi RonnieForum,

Just wondering if you found the solution to your problem or maybe have some tipps around debugging?

I am facing a similar issue where a big page becomes unresponsive in author. In my case there are a lot of parsys on it.

Thanks,

Alex