Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Override /etc/clientlibs/granite js

Level 2

Hi,

How to overlay jquery/underscore or any other js in my application which is under /etc/clientlibs/granite. 

Options I have tried which didn't workout:

1) Under /etc/designs/<my-site> created a clientlib with same categorie name as "jquery/underscore" under /etc/clientlibs/granite.

2) Created a underscore.js file in /etc/designs/<my-site>/<my-clientlib> which is added in js.txt

Note: When we tried to overlay some widgets js under "libd/foundation", the same folder structure we created under /apps/<mysite> and that worked.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Out of the box there is no option to overlay /etc.  Create a sperate category library & include same in your template. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Out of the box there is no option to overlay /etc.  Create a sperate category library & include same in your template. 

Level 2

"If include in template" here means direct <script> tag inclusion in jsp ? This is not working as granite js is overriding this js.

Creating seperate category library - Do you mean clientlib category ? If yes what is the path I need to create under /apps and /etc ? But I tired both, that is not working.

The below way it is working:

Created /etc/clientlibs/<mysite>/<jsfile>

Added this js category in /etc/designs/<mysite>/<myclientlib> as dependecy.

Can we use the above approach ?