Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Overlay not working for Asset Toolbar Buttons

Level 4

I am trying to add custom buttons to the Asset Toolbar in 6.3 to trigger Delete and Publish workflows specific to our content administrators. I have been able to successfully create the button to trigger the specified workflow as desired, but I can't get the button to show when overlaying /libs/dam/gui/coral/components/admin/contentrenderer/base/base.jsp to apps.

I have already overlaid other customizations for showing custom meta fields on the card, list and column views under /apps/dam/gui/coral/components/admin/contentrenderer/ successfully, but the base overlay isn't working. I have tested the functionality that I'm trying to add by modifying the libs base.jsp file, so I know that what I am adding and where I'm adding it should cause my custom button to appear, but for some reason it's not working when the file is overlaid.

No errors are being generated by this overlay.

Does anyone know of a specific problem with this overlay or a way that I can overcome this issue in order to add my custom buttons to the toolbar for Assets?

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Are you adding new actions in asset toolbar then you may need to overlay and add custom buttons at   /libs/dam/gui/content/assets/jcr:content/actions/selection/

Arun Patidar

Level 4

I've added the new button successfully, but I can't it to display without adding it to the base.js file. This isn't working in the overlay but does work if I put it in the libs file which isn't the correct way to do it.

Level 4

I don't know if this is the correct way, but in order to get the base.jsp overlay working, I had to overlay the entire /libs/dam/gui/coral/components/admin/contentrenderer/base/ folder and update the references in the files in /apps/dam/gui/coral/components/admin/contentrenderer/base/init/ to point to the apps overlays instead of the libs files. I also had to update the references in the overlays I had under /apps/dam/gui/coral/components/admin/contentrenderer/ in the card, column and row files where I was adding additional metadata to those places.