Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

osgi configuration

Level 7

Hi,

I would like to change OSGi configuration by creating sling:OsgiConfig node under config. In that I would like to change only one property value. Now my confusion/doubt is, Do I need to add only the required property to which I want to modify the value or all other properties with their default values which are available in Web console??? I tried with only one property value that I want to change. There is no change in remaining values in web console. Does it cause any issues??? Or I have to add all other properties as well, with their default values? Please let me know. It's urgent and important for me. Your suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Arya.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

orotas wrote...

Generally you need to specify any value that you want to be different than the default. It is possible that the service you are configuring is was never changed from any of the default values which is why when you look in felix it appears as though only the value you specified changed. The behavior here will depend on the implementation of the service - so you need to understand which values the service considers required and what the default values are so you know which values to specify in your configuration node. 

ya. Thank you. Thats ok. Once we look into felix console configuration we can know which are default values. So I can add only the properties which I would like to modify, to that osgiconfig node and it won't affect remaining properties values which are not added to the node. They will take their default values. Right? Thank you.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 8

Generally you need to specify any value that you want to be different than the default. It is possible that the service you are configuring is was never changed from any of the default values which is why when you look in felix it appears as though only the value you specified changed. The behavior here will depend on the implementation of the service - so you need to understand which values the service considers required and what the default values are so you know which values to specify in your configuration node. 

Correct answer by
Level 7

orotas wrote...

ya. Thank you. Thats ok. Once we look into felix console configuration we can know which are default values. So I can add only the properties which I would like to modify, to that osgiconfig node and it won't affect remaining properties values which are not added to the node. They will take their default values. Right? Thank you.

Level 8

Yes, the sling:osgiConfig node only affects the properties that you have added to the node. The other properties remain unchanged.

Here are the relevant docs: http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/deploying/configuring_osgi.html#OSGi%20Configuration%20in%20th...

scott

Level 7

Thank you very much for clearing the confusion.......