Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Osgi configuration related doubt

Level 9

Hi All,

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/cq/5-6-1/deploying/configuring_osgi.html mentions the below :

For Adobe CQ Web console

a] Any configurations made with the Web Console are applied immediately and applicable to the current instance, irrespective of the current run mode, or any subsequent changes to the run mode.

For content nodes(sling:osgiConfig) in the repository

b] Any appropriate configurations are applied immediately (dependent on the run mode).

So, is it something like when changes are done via web console, they are applied immediately and when done via content nodes there are some factors involved?

Any thoughts on this will be helpful.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

My understanding is this: content nodes are usually deployed with your build and the values are active/applicable depending on the runmode of the instance that the content has been deployed on. If you make changes to the content nodes, then these changes only apply to the runmode they have been changed for.

If you make changes via the Web Console, these changes will overwrite any values that have been deployed via config node for the current applicable runmode.

Regards,

Opkar

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

My understanding is this: content nodes are usually deployed with your build and the values are active/applicable depending on the runmode of the instance that the content has been deployed on. If you make changes to the content nodes, then these changes only apply to the runmode they have been changed for.

If you make changes via the Web Console, these changes will overwrite any values that have been deployed via config node for the current applicable runmode.

Regards,

Opkar