Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

OSGI Bundle always in installed mode

Level 1

Hi All,

I am facing an interesting issue where OSGI bundles when deployed on author are always in installed mode but all hunky dory on publish. Some pointers

1. I am using Jenkins to push these bundles to both author and publish, no manual deployment

2. My bundles have dependency e.g. A->B->C and follow sequence

3. Nothing doubtful in logs

4. Even when manually trying to make them active does not work

Any idea?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Its not a Code or dependency issue - as it works on a fresh install.

I suspect its a OS issue. The best way to proceed is to open a support ticket as you may need a hotfix from support.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 10

IN the Felix console - when you expand the OSGi - do you see any red - missing dependencies?

Level 1

No, all clear and good.

Even tried similar post but its not scenario in my case.Re: OSGi Bundle startup issue

Level 10

I suspect something else here - can you try to install on a Fresh DEV instance. That will tell us if problem is with AEM or the bundle.

Level 1

I setup fresh AEM instance on my laptop and it works fine.

I am facing this issue on my linux dev box and to confirm; i setup a fresh instance there as well, did same steps as on my laptop but it got stuck at same point.

Level 1

It seems not to be a code issue, something bad either in AEM instance or OS might be causing this.

BTW i came across this page which talks about some hotfix needed for this kind of issue but i am not sure about its authenticity.

Can you/anyone confirm?

How to FIX: AEM bundles going to Installed State - CoderMagnet - JAVA JCR AEM Sightly Resource

Correct answer by
Level 10

Its not a Code or dependency issue - as it works on a fresh install.

I suspect its a OS issue. The best way to proceed is to open a support ticket as you may need a hotfix from support.

Employee Advisor

Can you provide the detailled information on this bundle? A copy of the bundle details of the server, where it does not work.

I had the case, where the bundle was built for Java 1.8, but the AEM only ran with Java 7 and thus the bundle failed to start even if all dependencies were satisfied.

Level 1

Thanks, we finally found the issue and it was realted to JVM version mismatch.