Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

OOTB drag and drop functionality is not working for pathbrowser widget

Level 7

Hi,

I tried to drag and drop an asset into pathbrowser widget in Touch-Optimized UI. But it is not accepting the asset. Is it AEM6 bug? If it's a bug then how can I customize it(/libs/granite/ui/components/foundation/form/pathbrowser) to make it work? Please let me know the solution. Your suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

AryA.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

In general, it is not possible to drag and drop into Touch UI dialogs. This feature is being considered for a future release.

Regards,

Justin

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

In general, it is not possible to drag and drop into Touch UI dialogs. This feature is being considered for a future release.

Regards,

Justin

Level 7

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the information. We are developing the components using Granite (Touch-Optimized UI). What we are thinking is Author might feel uncomfortable  with this. Author has to type the path to asset, might not remember the entire path.... sad.

Thanks,

AryA.

Employee

Hi AryA,

There should be autocomplete in the pathbrowser widget, but I think you'll find that this isn't a complete solution. If you have a lot of path-based components, you may want to use the Classic UI for page authoring in the near term.

Justin

Level 7

Hi Justin,

Yes. I observed the autocomplete feature of pathbrowser. So if we want to use drag n drop feature of pathfield widget, we have to author the component using classic UI until we get the fix. right?

Thanks,

AryA.

Employee

Hi AryA,

if you want to do any drag and drop into dialogs, you have to use the classic UI. 

Justin

Level 7

Thanks Justin. Please post in this discussion when you get any updates. Thanks in Advance.