Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Omnisearch Tags

Level 2

When using the Omnisearch feature in 6.5.5, I can see results from Assets and Sites. Does Omnisearch also include results from the Tag libraries? You can search for tags from the tag dialog when applying tags to assets and pages, but it doesn't seem I can search for Tags through the OmniSearch. Is this by design?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi @koppb1 ,

I am able to search tags which are applied to assets and I am using AEM 6.4.

In below article it is clearly mentioned.

In search results, it follows following sequence

• Asset title. (maps to jcr:content/metadata/dc:title )
  • Asset description. (maps to jcr:content/metadata/dc:description )
  • Asset tags. (maps to jcr:content/metadata/cq:tags )

https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-65/assets/using/search-assets.html 

Thanks,

Sandeep.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi @koppb1 ,

I am able to search tags which are applied to assets and I am using AEM 6.4.

In below article it is clearly mentioned.

In search results, it follows following sequence

• Asset title. (maps to jcr:content/metadata/dc:title )
  • Asset description. (maps to jcr:content/metadata/dc:description )
  • Asset tags. (maps to jcr:content/metadata/cq:tags )

https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-65/assets/using/search-assets.html 

Thanks,

Sandeep.

Level 1

Omnisearch.png

Hi, this request is not to search for tags applied to assets. This is a request to use the omni-search capability to simply search for any tag.

Level 2
Thanks Sandeep, but as noted by user BASev, I'm looking to return the actual Tags in the search result, not something that is tagged with that tag. So one solution would be to filter the Search location to Tags, vs. Assets as shown in the first image on the link you provided under "Understand search interface" marked with "E".

Level 2

This functionality should be included in the foundation backlog OOTB 6.5 Tagging Functionality submission to be investigated further.