Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

npm install failed error

Level 5

Hi, 

I am trying to run a maven project. But it throws the below error. I have tried many ways like changed the node verstion, installed new/updated node then ran npm install under ui.frontend but nothing works out. Can anyone tell me the solution for this ?

Tessa_learner1_0-1654765481178.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @Tessa_learner1

It looks like you are using the latest Node and npm version which may not support some node modules that is installed from the package.json. Try to play around with the npm version and see if that works. From testing myself, I realize that the latest Node and NPM version do not work.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Can you try deleting and regenrating paclage-lock.json

Arun Patidar

Level 5

@arunpatidar  Thanks for the suggestion. As I was using latest node version, just changed the npm version to 3.10.8 and it got worked. Thanks for your time. 

Level 5

Thank you @SantoshSai  I have changed the npm version to 3.10.8 as mentioned in the link and it got success. Thanks for your time.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @Tessa_learner1

It looks like you are using the latest Node and npm version which may not support some node modules that is installed from the package.json. Try to play around with the npm version and see if that works. From testing myself, I realize that the latest Node and NPM version do not work.

Level 5

Thank you. @BrianKasingli  Yes, I was using the latest node & npm version and I have changed only the npm version in main pom.xml and it got resolved.